Cut the potatoes into golf ball sized chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Roast at 450 degrees for 30 min, stir every 10 min.
My Great Great Grandmothers Warm Potato Salad
These directions are how my Grandmother wrote this recipe when she passed it down to me
- 5 lbs of Potatoes- peeled and boiled
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 5 or 6 Celery Stalks chopped fine (use some of the leaves)
- Some Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 lb of Bacon cut up into small pieces and fried crisp or ham rind
- 1 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste (usually don't need too much salt)
- 2 TBS Celery Seeds (not necessary)
Mix the above ingredients together. Pour the slightly cooled bacon fat over the mix. Let sit and stir every 15 minutes to incorporate the seasoning into the potatoes.